Respect the Humble Semi-Colon

Posted on Apr 3, 2017

The semi-colon: a 1% edge, and a shibboleth* Would 99% of your audience even notice if you misused a semi-colon? Probably not. This leaves 1% who would notice — and they’d take you more seriously. Punctuation pumps up perception. Look at any FB comment section – the sprawling mess of regurgitated word salad makes people sound irredeemably stupid. The (rare) comment […]

Continue reading »